Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Smart tasks and email marketing

Copper Contributor

Smart tasks and email marketing

I am using the Act email marketing tool to send scheduled notifications using an act template. The problem is that although smarttasks runs 24/7 apparently e-mail marketing seems to need a confirmation before it actually sends a message. This means that the whole notification system waits during the night and through weekends until the confirmation button has been clicked. Is there a way to switch off this confirmation?

I am working on a windows 7 machine using Act! Pro Version 17.1.169.0

Regards, Leendert Smit

Administrator

Re: Smart tasks and email marketing

[ Edited ]

Hi maris,

There shouldn't be any confirmation dialog for Act! Emarketing smart tasks. A technician colleague of mine has just tested this and it worked without any confirmations.

It could be the case you are using Swiftpage Emarketing which does require a manual confirmation for the send.

Are you certain it's Act! Emarketing that you are using?

Thanks

Copper Contributor

Dear Gary,

You are correct. I am using Swiftpage instead of act e-mail marketing. I have checked act email marketing and now I know why I am NOT abe to use this option. The number of  act fields you can use in act emarketing is extremely limited. I am using various custom made fields in my templates and this is only possible ( for now?) with swiftpage. I find it very strange that an external application offers MORE possibilities to use Act functionality then an application developed by Act. It would greatly enhance the possibilties of Act email marketing if the user can use ALL Act fields in an imported template.  For the time being, I realize I will have to deal with the conformations from Swiftpage I guess?

Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Maris,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Thios is a highly requested feature and is likely to be included in a future iteration of Act!

Please take the time to Kudo or comment on this post as it will get you an alert that it's been addressed and potentially enlist you in beta testing.

http://community.act.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas/Customized-Mail-Merge-Fields-For-Act-emarketing-Templat...

Benjamin Lederer

Senior Product Manager

Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

It would be gratifying to see the Share Your Ideas community receive the same attention for important posts that are a long time in the waiting and can I suggest cleaning out all the older ones that have apparently been satisfied. 

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Administrator

Hi Graeme,

It's part of the plan for the social team to review the posts in the Ideas community and perform a general clean up. This might take some time though due to the 2,200+ ideas posted in there.