Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Smart task starts swiftpage mail to all contact act stalls

Copper Contributor

Smart task starts swiftpage mail to all contact act stalls

Hello

I am running Act V18 on a windows 7 machine. I had difficulties running a smart task automatically after changing the start time so I ran it manually. I accidentally now run the task for all contact ( approx 600) involving the generation of a swiftpage email. Now when I start act the smart task will start to run  adn Act soon seems to run out of memory and  windows closesdown act. I tried to get into the smart tasks but before I even open them the current smart task has already started causing Act to close yet again.

How do I get out of this loop?

It;'s now impossible for me to get anything done in Act

Nickel Contributor

Re: Smart task starts swiftpage mail to all contact act stalls

[ Edited ]

There is a KB article with a possible solution in it:

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37961

It contains a batch file originally made for a slightly different problem, but it could help in this case as well as it simply removes all smart tasks from a given database.

Btw, the general impression I get from reading posts around smart task problems from other ACCs is this:

"don't use them, they don't work". My opinion as well unfortunately....

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Copper Contributor

Problem solved with the smart task as I managed to close the pending task.

Now I trying to find out to run the smart task at all. This task has been running each day on a specific time each day without any problem ( despite the bad name smart tasks have), Yesterday I changed therun  time and since then the task fails to respond. When I run the query it shows 4 contacts it should sen a message to with swiftpage but nothing happens. The smart does work because when I select the group of contacts and I run the smart task manually it will run, select the 4 contacts and send them a swiftpage message. How do I get the timer to work again?

Administrator

If you haven't try restarting your PC - this will restart any paused smart task services.
Make sure the task is running, and try stopping it - restarting your PC and starting it again.

Worst case scenario, you could duplicate the smart task and try starting the duplicate.
Copper Contributor

Thank you for the tip but in my case it helped switching between auto-run disable and enabled. I thought I read this in an earlier post so I trieed and it worked.