Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Smart task - auto-run - scheduling activity

Smart task - auto-run - scheduling activity

I have several Smart Tasks that auto-run when certain conditions are met.  

Every time my computer powers down and boots, The auto-run enabled Smart Tasks stop working.  The only way I have found to get them to automatically run again is to Manage Smart Tasks screen and manually disable and manually re-enable each Smart Task to auto-tun.  

Does anyone have any suggestions to get these Smart Tasks to auto-run once the computer reboots and ACT! is running without having to disable and re-enable each one?

Thanks.

Administrator

Re: Smart task - auto-run - scheduling activity

Hi Jake,

Could you please give us some more info about your environment. i.e. Act version, Windows version, etc.

I've tried to replicate this on my Act v18 installation on Windows 7, but my auto-running smart task continues to work as expected after several reboots.

Thank you for responding, Gary.

I am using ACT! Premium for Web 17.2.217.0 and Windows 7 Professional Service pack 1 32 bit

Administrator

Do you have any other smart tasks? Do they also have this issue?

What does the smart task do? Could you please describe its steps, or post a screenshot of the smart task itself.

Thanks again for responding, Gary.

I have about 8 smart tasks that are scheduled to automatically run when certain opportunity conditions are met.  The problem of the smart tasks not running after reboot and having to be manually stopped and restarted seems to happen to all of them.  

Basically the smart tasks look for opportunities whose status is open and look for certain stages or services and assign a task corresponding to the stage or service.  In this example, the smart task looks for an open opportunity who's stage is "bid accepted" and schedules a task for user "operations manager" to "plan job schedule."

Does this correctly answer your questions?

Thank you for your assistance.  

smart task1.JPG

smart task2.JPG

smart task3.JPG

Administrator

Hi Jake,

Thanks for the update.
I notice you have quite a few brackets in the conditions for that particular smart task. They shouldn't be required, and I would probably remove them as part of this troubleshooting just to be sure.

Could you test these same smart tasks in a new database or the demo db to see if the issue persists?