Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Smart Tasks

Nickel Contributor

Smart Tasks

We recently upgraded to Sage ACT! Pro 2012 Version 14.0.572.0, Hot Fix 2.

It came with some pre-defined Smart Tasks templates. When I run the "Contacts with no recent activity" on All Contacts, i received the error message, "No Contacts meet the criteria" although there should actually be hundreds. I did not modifty the canned Smart Task,

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Smart Tasks

Have you tried running a contact activity lookup to see if you get the same results?

Mark Hammer
ACT! Fanatic
Nickel Contributor

A Contact Activity Lookup actually runs but does not generate correct results. For example, I ran Lookup / Contact Activity / Changed / Since Date 7/19/2011 /  Histories / All / Selected - Meetings. And it found Contacts that I've NEVER had a Meeting scheduled with. I've been using ACT since V4, probably 20+ years. I know it very well. Either my DB is corrupt (although everything works fine) or the application just does not function correcty. BTW - When I run a Search, with the new button on the Nav bar, it returns inaccurate results also. Such as, a keyword that should have hundreds, if not thousands of results, in Activities and Histories will return about 25. I communicated with an ACT Moderator in this Forum about the Nav bar Search button issue but never received a final resolution.

I have created a template on smartasks that creates a to-do when no activity is noted ofr 90 days. When I run Smartask it generates the to-do on contacts that have activities within the 90 days?

Any ideas

Copper Super Contributor

Hi Deville,
In your criteria for the look up your operator is set incorrectly, it should be:
Line 1 = Type = contacts field name=last attempt operator = older than (days) value = 90
Line 2 = as above only field name = last email
Line 3 = as above only field name = last meeting
Line 4 = as above only field name = last reach.

That should find what you are looking for but run some dummy contacts.