Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Smart Tasks - triggering by oppertunity status

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Smart Tasks - triggering by oppertunity status

HI I have been wrestling with this for a while, hopefully some one can help ?

Back Ground: We record our quotes as Oppertinities in ACT (raising them in Quotewerks) - so one contact may have many Oppertunities (quotes) attached to them.

Requirment: I want to ensure that all Contacts get an automatic email 3 days after Oppertunity (quote) sent  asking if we can help further .

This email would only be sent if the Rep has not emailed the Contact in the mentime.

Problem: When I try to set up a Smart Task to carry out the above the "last email" field is only attached to the Contact and NOT the Oppertunity and I cant see away to map this field across to the Oppertunity.

Any ides ? this seems such a logical requirment - or am I missing the ovious alternative way of doing this ?

Cheers in advance

Marc

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author bonfire
‎05-19-2016 06:25 AM
Administrator

Re: Smart Tasks - triggering by oppertunity status

Unfortunately this query relies on looking up multiple tables (both contact and opportunity). This isn't currently supported in the smart tasks query editor, only in the standard advanced lookup query editor, or in dynamic groups.

It would be worth suggesting this feature over in our Share Your Ideas board. http://community.act.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas/idb-p/ideas
This is where our dev team look to find improvements that could be made to the software.

P.S. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Hi Marc,

You're correct, there isn't a Last Email field on opportunity records, because opportunity records do not have email addresses associated with them.

Because of the mix of opportunity and contact record conditions in your requirements, this becomes difficult to automate.

It would be possible to get the contacts you wish to email in a group using a lookup query along the lines of:

Act!_2016-05-19_13-33-53.png

Then run a mail merge against all the contacts in that group.

Thanks for reply Gary

Not near workstation at the moment, but will this work with smart tasks ?

Cheers

Marc

PS Nice jacket and tie!

Solution
Accepted by topic author bonfire
‎05-19-2016 06:25 AM
Administrator

Unfortunately this query relies on looking up multiple tables (both contact and opportunity). This isn't currently supported in the smart tasks query editor, only in the standard advanced lookup query editor, or in dynamic groups.

It would be worth suggesting this feature over in our Share Your Ideas board. http://community.act.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas/idb-p/ideas
This is where our dev team look to find improvements that could be made to the software.

P.S. Thanks!

Hello Gary,

I am a new ACT user and have a related question. I am sure my question is based on lack of experience.

Any help, thanks in advance.

We perform monthly, quarterly, annual duties for a variety of customers.

Rather than after an opportunity expires, I would like to automate the reminder, the email, and the calendar prior to the event.

Would this be done by company, by contact, or another way.

I see one way to do it, similar to one of the templates, but would appreciate best practice advice.

If company xyz is due for annual inspection, alert, email, calendar. Also maybe attach some written reference docs as needed.

Administrator

Hi newellbowden,

You can do this by creating a Smart Task using the Opportunity record type. For example, here are the conditions to trigger a smart task on an opportunity that is estimated to close within the next 3 days:

Act!_2016-08-31_14-00-42.png

You are then able to trigger the following tasks:

Act!_2016-08-31_14-01-40.png

This would allow you to send an email, and schedule an activity with an alert.