Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Smart Tasks 'run when task conditions are met' not triggering, but manual and scheduled works...!

Smart Tasks 'run when task conditions are met' not triggering, but manual and scheduled works...!

Hi all,

V16, Hot fix 5 - Windows 7 (32 bit)

I have customised smart tasks that feed into Swiftpage Emarketing (drip marketing mostly) with the majority being Contact 'run when task conditions are met'. Suddenly, after @3 weeks working beautifully and saving me hours of time, these 'run when...' did not trigger. Strangely when the smart tasks are run manually or scheduled it all still works beautifully. I've tried doing a basic test with the 'run when..' trigger, but no joy.

This is what I've tried to remedy (all have failed with the same outcome):

1. enable and disable autorun on each
2. go into 'sevices' on the host computer and restart Smart Tasks Scheduler

3. tested on demo

4. create a new database from an original backup file and tested

5. tested with Opportunity 'run when..'

I'm really hoping i don't have to re-write my STs to make them scheduled.

Anyone any ideas how i can sort this without losing another 1.5 days making it work???

Thanks,

Re: Smart Tasks 'run when task conditions are met' not triggering, but manual and scheduled works...!

Are there any pending smart task steps listed when you go to Schedule > View Pending Smart Task Steps?

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com

Re: Smart Tasks 'run when task conditions are met' not triggering, but manual and scheduled works...!

Hi Elise

Thanks for coming back to me. There were no pending tasks, and I also ran it as Admin (having changed this in Advanced Properties) and reinstalled the programme with the same outcomes. Bizarre!

I reset the ACT Smart Task Scheduler in Services too. 

I can't believe I'm the only one that this has ever happened to - and it's really annoying as I have over 30 smart tasks that should trigger automatically...! Can anyone suggest how i can sort this out?

If ACT! sort out their Smart Tasks and make the link to EMarketing a better experience (not just a message saying 'Contact added' etc without any other details) then it would be truly awesome. 

But can anyone help me with my issue here? Any suggestions anyone? 

I have a client with exactly this situation, and I too have tried all the things listed here and elsewhere that I can find, can I ask, did you ever get a resolution?

Kelvin Oxwell

Act Consultant Melbourne

Silver Super Contributor

The issue is that SmartTasks don't work with multi-select fields.  As long as you stay away from them they will probably work.  Hopefully that problem is fixed in v17.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Hi Kelvin

Just picked your question - sorry for the belated reply.

The answer is no, and although I do currently have the BETA v17 which i'm testing, I haven't got round to going back ot my Smart task issue.

Instead (and in no way do i have any sort of affiliation with this product) I have invested a lot of time and energy into an add on called Sales Automation manager. I can honestly say it has revolutionised the follow up on sales and all of teh thinigs I wanted to do with smart tasks. Additionallly it allow the 'IF' variable to be used - massively usefuk and makes everyting very dynamic. A bit of a learning curve initailly and although it works only with Contact fields i use another add on which copies data from opportunity to a contact field so i have the best of both worlds.

So no more Smart tasks for me (and I spent hours...literally...trying ot make them work and foudn i knew more than the CS on the phone). The v17 looks identical with the exception of the integration with emarketing.

I hope that helps.