Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Smart Tasks not creating "To-do's", despite the fact they are listed as "In Progress" under "Pending Smart Task"

Nickel Contributor

Smart Tasks not creating "To-do's", despite the fact they are listed as "In Progress" under "Pending Smart Task"

If I create a new Smart Task to create an Activity, and let the Smart Task run on schedule (or trigger it manually), the Activity is not created for any of the eligible contacts. When I view the pending Smart Tasks, I see the new Smart Tasks listed as "pending" for the appropriate contacts, but that's where it ends.

Since no activity is created by the SMart Task, it's unclear to me what the Smart Task is pending.

And yes, the Smart Task was configured to run without "prompting the user".

Any thoughts?

Kq\

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Smart Tasks not creating "To-do's", despite the fact they are listed as "In Progress" under "Pending Smart Task"

[ Edited ]

Hi Ken,
Try deleting the Smart Task, running the Delete Preferences option from ACTDiag, run a Reindex, then recreating the task. Also, were you able to reproduce in the Demo database or another database?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Nickel Contributor

Re: Smart Tasks not creating "To-do's", despite the fact they are listed as "In Progress" under "Pending Smart Task"

Deleted Preferences. Deleted Smart Task.

Recreated Smart Task, enabled it, and the trigger came and went with nothing.

I noticed the "Run Smart Task" option was grayed from the pull-down menu, so I restarted ACT!

The menu option reappeared, so I ran it manually. All items reappeared in my Smart Task list, but again were listed as "in progress".

This is a network computer opening up the host database shared on our server.

I've attached a picture of the progress list that is not progressing.

Kq\

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca