Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Smart Tasks Email Template

Smart Tasks Email Template

Does anyone know if you can use an existing email template with all the field substitutions as one of the steps in a smart task?  I know one of the steps can "send" and email.  The question is can an existing email template be what is sent?

Bronze Contributor

Re: Smart Tasks Email Template

This is not possible with Smarttasks as you can create a semi template and add an attachment but the template style is what is presented and one reason why I will continue to recommend the NOrthwoods suite for the forseeable future to my clients www.crmaddons.com

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

It's ridiculous, but true.  The "Smart" Tasks need to go back to school and learn to use the software's mail merge templates.  I definitely second Paul's recommendation of Sales Automation Manager.  It's like Smart Tasks on steroids.

Copper Super Contributor

I've had Act 2010 for a while and only just opened Smark Tasks.

My verdict?  A load of rubbish.  I cannot believe Email Templates cannot be used.

This product just isn't moving forward.

I agree!! It's ridiculous that you cannot use your own email templates. It's another sales plot for SAGE to force us to use SWIFTPAGE. Another cost Smiley Sad

George Patino
Bellagio Limousines
Perth, Western Australia
www.bellagiolimousines.com.au

Hi Paul, thanks for the reply to a post (2 months ago) Paul under your recommendation, I trialled the Northwoods Suite, and "YES" it will do what I want it to do.

So, I decided to purchase the product and their online purchasing option wouldn't work.

I have emailed them three times and till this date no response. Makes me wonder if I need support what kind of response i would get then?

Paul, would you know of another add-in that can automate similar to the northwoods suite?

Cheers

George

George Patino
Bellagio Limousines
Perth, Western Australia
www.bellagiolimousines.com.au
Tuned Listener

I have just had a look at this in 2013 and it looks like you cannot add fields. I hope Northwoods still works!

In the last few version little if anything has been added that makes any real difference. The accounts integration forces you to work with companies. Sage seems to be adding features to get you to pay for more of their services. I need to have a further look, but I think it is time to stop upgrading.

Sage tells me that they listen to customers, but the first thing I want to do is add a field to a smart task template and you can't do it. They must have customers who have very different requirements to me.

Andrew

Copper Super Contributor

I agree with the statements above.  Act is on a downward spiral.

I also have had terrible support from Northwoods.  They entered a support conversation with me but just stopped responding.  I had a query several months later re: unininstalling which they did respond to but when I asked about my original question again, they just ignored me.  There's no way I'm going to be spend circa $500 on a product and not get any support.

Tuned Listener

It is indeed a real shame about ACT.

I have to say that Jake at Northwoods has always replied to me (and I hope to hear from him today). Northwoods have a real opportunity I would think. One thing I would like to see is being able to synchronise ACT with our website database.

Sage have confirmed that you cannot customise the Smart Task template unless of course you subscribe to the SwiftPage email service. These ACT updates are used to drive additional revenue for Sage.

Copper Super Contributor

@agould. I just sent you a DM.