Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Smart Task service error

Highlighted
Astute Commentator

Smart Task service error

This one occurs every time the server is rebooted, and it appears to make the smart tasks go haywire. It has been occurring ever since I installed ACT Pro v21, which by the way, has occurred on two different servers. It is the ActSmartTaskService that throws the error in the event log. I've tried everything including deleting all pending smart tasks from the batch file that is available in the knowledgebase. The smart tasks work when deleted and then rebuilt, but then they go haywire once the server is rebooted again. Error below.

Runner framework_Connect Error for Host: SERVER-2019, Database: ACT, User: John Smith -- The process cannot access the file 'C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT Data\FrameworkPlugsDependentDlls.xml' because it is being used by another process.

By the way, the path in this error doesn't even exist. Both servers which have shown this error run 64 bit operating systems, and ACT installs this file into C:\Windows\SysWow64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT Data... I have copied the directory over to the system32 folder though, and that didn't make a difference.

Any thoughts?