Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Smart Task newbie question

Accepted Solution Solved
Master Commentator
Accepted Solution

Smart Task newbie question

Hello,

I just started playing with the Smart Task functionality last night.

What I noticed is that if you run a smart task manually, the filter criteria in the smart task is not used.

I don't understand why that is because without the criteria, there doesn't seem much point to being able to run the smart task manually, or did I miss something?

I'm also curious if there is a list of features that are being worked on to improve the smart task feature for the next version of act.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Tracy

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author training2go
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Smart Task newbie question

Running a Smart Task manually bypasses the criteria simply to allow for flexibility. 

For example, should you have your criteria set up to run for contacts with a particular Record Manager - running it manually would allow you to perform a Lookup for a differing set of contacts and run that same Smart Task against them.

We don't have a list of pending updates to the Smart Tasks (or any of the Act! program).  Updates, fixes, and additions are not announced until they are ready to be rolled out.

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author training2go
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Running a Smart Task manually bypasses the criteria simply to allow for flexibility. 

For example, should you have your criteria set up to run for contacts with a particular Record Manager - running it manually would allow you to perform a Lookup for a differing set of contacts and run that same Smart Task against them.

We don't have a list of pending updates to the Smart Tasks (or any of the Act! program).  Updates, fixes, and additions are not announced until they are ready to be rolled out.

Greg Martin
Sage
Master Commentator

Hi Greg,
Being able to bypass the criteria is ok, I was just hoping that the smart tasks could be run with the criteria manually.

The reason I asked about the list is because there are some features that I would like to see improved and would like to request them. I just wouldn't want to fuplicate a request that is already in progress.

Thank you.

Running a Smart Task is almost useless if you don't have filter criteria!

Why would you have the program bypass filter criteria if running a Smart Task manually?  Your design team has severly limited the usefullness of Smart Tasks thanks to this little design flaw.

I am absolutely puzzled why they would think ignoring filter criteria would be a good idea!!!

New to this smart task thing as well;

Just use the following steps to run a Smart Task for a specific contact/group?
<select a contact/group> <schedule> <run smart task> <select task> <select proper apply to> <run>