Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Smart Task Issues

Copper Contributor

Smart Task Issues

I am new with Smart task,but have used Activity Series for years. I am trying to convert an actvitiy series into a Smart Task.

The new Smart task step one works, the activity is scheduled with the contact.

The follow up activities do not schedule no matter what I change.

The smart task is for one contact at at time. (think of it as a process that starts for that client, not group)

there are no triggers set for the next step except for time to lapse, (ie 7 days, 14 days etc.)

My Smart task are kept very simple like a Acivity series, Just trying to save the clutter in the activities tab for the client.

I think I must be missing something simple  or I am just not undstanding smart task.....

Thanks for any help in advance,

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Smart Task Issues

Copper Contributor

OK,

I understand that the process I am using is activity series. In the smart task I cannot get the 2nd, 3rd and 4th steps to show up in the activity  tab as a todo after 7 days, 14 days 21 days etc.... Again, i am not using any triggers just time to lapse after the smart task is started.. Shoud not the other task show up as scheduled in the smart task, in the activity tab for the contact?  I am trying to do something simple before I make them more complex....

Thanks again for any help in advance.......

Are you sure you're using Activity Series ... they are different from Smart tasks
Copper Contributor

I am trying to get Smart task to work like an actvity series..... not the the other way around..... Please reread my 1st post..

My Activity series works perfect... But I want to convert it to a smart task.....

I think that's the problem ... they are not designed to do the same things or work the same way

[ Edited ]

Have you found a solution?  I am having the same issue.  I create a smart task with 4 steps without ANY time delays at all and the only way all 4 will run is if I do them myself.  I am trying to manage the steps between users.  For example.

Step 1:  Invoice student:  assigned to user 1

Step 2:  Change status to invoiced:  assigned to user 2

Step 3:  Is invoice paid: assigned to user 1

Step 4:  Change status to Paid: assigned to user 2

If I am user 1 and am the one that RUNS the smart task, I can complete Step 1 and step 2 shows up for user 2, however if user 2 competes step 2 the next step does NOT show up.  The "veiw status of smart tasks" shows the smart task as in progress but  the step 3 is not assigned to anyone.. it just falls off the radar.

However, if I as user 1 run the smart task and I complete all the tasks myself even though they are assinged to someone else.. the process moves forward.

Please HELP

Did you ever get a resolution to this?

We are just starting to use Smart Tasks. I do have a time delay (of 1 minute just for testing) between each task and each one starts up 1 minute after I complete the prior.

I do have them set to 'Automatically schedule activity without prompting the user'.

We have found that having multiple ACT users listed in the "Schedule With" causes redundancy issues if one user rolls it over, then I got my activities back all over again even though I'd completed them. So we are still testing. Open to any input folks have on this redundancy.