Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Smart Task - Emailing for Followup

Smart Task - Emailing for Followup

[ Edited ]

I am trying to create a smart task that sends an email when an opportunity hits a certain age. The opportunity is created when the quote is generated so the email would in effect, let the customer know that the quote is soon to expire and request any additional thoughts on its status. 

I am able to set up the oppostunity query and set it to generate an email but I am wondering if there is a way to set the subject line to include the Opportunity name or weighted total? Can those emails include any field data? 

Also, is it still not possible to use opportunity information in mail merges? I can break down all of the contact data but nothing from the opportunity. We are using Act 2012. Not sure if this has been addressed in 2013. 

Bronze Contributor

Re: Smart Task - Emailing for Followup

You can't mail merge Opportunity fields - wish you could but nope.  Also, you can't mail merge fields from ACt into the subject line of on Smart Tasks.  That would be cool  I use Smart Tasks a lot so i work around it by making the subject lines fairly generic.

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

Thank you for the info. I like the idea of making them generic except that we have multiple quotes out for the same bidder. They would get a new generic email pointing them to a phantom estimate every week. It is such a shame that the data is in there  but cant be accessed. 

I may have to research some add-ons to see if there is a good solution out there. 

Thanks again!

If I'm using smart tasks and outlook to run automatically, can I see the message in my outlook 'sent' mailbox?

Yes - itis possible actually. Re: Smart Task - Emailing for Followup

Actually it is possible to mail merge from Opportunity fields. I use this to trigger smart tasks from fields in the contact, that have been copied from Opportunity.

You need to purchase Copied Data between records from Exponencial (sp?). This duplicates info from Opportunity to the contact record. Having done this you can then mail merge from Contact (the former Opportunity info) or trigger smart tasks (which may only trigger from Contact fields). Note: bizaarely you have to click back ot the contact page to make the date copy across.

For me, it's been a lifesaver and no, i have zero affiliation with the product or manufacturers. It did take me years to work this one out as I seemed to know more about STs than the Sage (haven't tried Swiftpage) CS.

Good luck!