Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Smart Task Auto Run question

BWS
Tuned Listener

Smart Task Auto Run question

Hello,

Sorry if I'm overlooking something here, but I want to confirm that Smart Tasks will  only run automatically when you select Run at A Certain Time and select Autorun?  And the Smart Tasks will NOT run when you select Run When Conditions Are Met and enable Autorun?  Because in the Help and articles it seems it should run automatically in the background, automatically, when conditions are met; kind of like a dynamic group operates, because when certain conditions are met for group membership, the contact is automatically added to the group.  

So is it possible to have Smart Tasks run automatically without scheduling a time to run?  Or if you want to run automatically you must select a time - like everyday at 8am for example?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Administrator

Re: Smart Task Auto Run question

Hi BWS,

Both of these scenarios should result in the smart task auto-running.

• Run when conditions are met + Auto-Run Enabled
    • Will check periodically (about every 15m) for records matching the conditions then run the smart task on the records
  • Run at scheduled time + Auto-Run Enabled
    • Will check at the defined time for records matching the conditions then run the smart task on the records

Here's a Knowledgebase article on managing smart tasks: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26944

BWS
Tuned Listener

Hello Gary,

Thanks for your reply.  I have not been able to get the Auto Run without a specific time to work.  Although I have confirmed all the conditions are met, I have only been able to run the When Conditions are Met scenario by creating a lookup and running the smart task against the lookup and that's why I was asking.  I'm glad to hear it will work in the background though like dynamic groups.

Any thoughts on what I could do to get the auto run feature to work better?  

Thank you.

Administrator

Hi BWS,

When you're viewing the Managing Smart Tasks window, in the Status tab, what is the status for the smart task you're having this issue with?
After clicking Show Pending Smart Task Steps Dialog, do you see any pending steps? If so, how long have they been waiting? Try deleting them.
Could you try recreating the smart task from scratch and testing?