Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Smart Task Auto Run Help Needed

Smart Task Auto Run Help Needed

I cannot get smart tasks to work properly.  They work fine when I run them manually, but will not work with auto-run.  I am very frustrated, as this is the only reason we upgraded to 2013.

I want ACT to automatically schedule a call when a particular date field meets a particular criteria (today). 

I've noticed that there are others with this same problem  Has anyone gotten help for this?

Re: Smart Task Auto Run Help Needed

mabooks,

Welcome to the Act! Community Forum!

I have a couple of simple questions, first, and then let's try to get to the bottom of your problem.

1.  Have you enabled auto-run on your smart task?

2.  Is there anything listed on the Status tab?

3.  Is there anything listed under the following menu: Schedule>Show Pending Smart Tasks Steps?

Let me know what these show, and we'll move forward from here.

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No

Smart Tasks were a BIG reason I invested in a multi-user version of ACT! 2013.  However, after months of support calls, I finally heard from a Swiftpage tech on an escalated call that the problem of smart tasks not running automatically is a known issue and they have no idea when it will be fixed.  How's that for a company that markets a product with a feature that doesn't work?

Don't waste your time as I did over the past several months trying to get Smart Tasks to work. They simply do not work and there's no fix in the immediate future.