Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Smart Birthday Tasks

Smart Birthday Tasks

I am having difficulty using the pre-installed smart birthday tasks.  I created an annual occurance field titled DOB.  What criteria do I use to make this smart task work?   

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Smart Birthday Tasks

Hello BradChristiansen,

Welcome to the ACT! Community!

If you are looking to change the field used by the Birthday Reminder, you can do that through the Schedule > Manage Smart Tasks option.  Click on Birthday Reminder to highlight, click Edit in 'Birthday Reminder' Description bubble - you will then see the option to change the criteria.  At this point you can change the field from 'Birth Date' to 'DOB'.

If this is not what you are attempting to do, please provide more detail as to what you would like to accomplish.

Greg Martin
Sage

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough.  When I set the criteria for the DOB field, what "operator" and "value" do I use?  If the contacts date of birth is 5/14/1967, what is the operator and value settings?  Thank you for your help.

Platinum Super Contributor

The operator and value settings will depend on the outcome you desire.  The original settings for 'Birthday Reminder' are 'Within Next [days]' and '7'.  This will locate dates within the next 7 days based on Month/Day, not including year.   You can certainly increase or decrease that time frame.

Greg Martin
Sage