Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Small frustration re Contact List display

Small frustration re Contact List display

Hi there, I've had mostly pleasant experiences so far as a new user, but am stumbling in a couple of areas. I'll mention just 2 right now.

First: I'm navigating through my task list, and I click the contact from that page each time to access email and details, etc. I either paste an email into the appropriate space if not there, or click the email address already there and type away. Here's the problem: from here (from that Contact's page), when I then click "Contact List" or hit the F8 key, it takes me not to the Contact List of my entire database, which I would like, but to a Contact List that includes just that single contact. The only way I've been able to figure out to get back to the full contact list at this stage that is to re-open. it seems counter-intuitive; Shouldn't I be able to get to the full list without re-opening the database?

I'm hoping someone here might be able to help. I've looked in the ACT help, but can't find anything. I'm sure it's something simple, but I'm pitching fists at my head trying to figure out what little thing I'm overlooking!

Thanks in advance for anything you can tell me.

Second: The calendar views: it would be immensely helpful if there were vertical scroll bars. As it stands, you can only view one complete month at a time. A scroll bar would enable me to see, say, the last 2 weeks of one month, along with the first 2 weeks of the next, in a single view, instead of having to click back and forth. in this way, you could get a rolling month-long view of details that started with whatever week you wanted, and you wouldn't be forced to look at a month of tasks/activities/etc. ALWAYS from the first of the month on, when in the fourth week, for instance, most everything is completed and you want to see the last week of one month in the same view as the first three of the next.

Thanks again!
Copper Contributor

Re: Small frustration re Contact List display

Hello,

Your first issue is likely due to ACT!'s concept of a "Lookup".  Whenever you do a Lookup in ACT!, the result set is your current working set or "lookup".  When you want to revert to show all contacts, simply select the menu option Lookup | All Contacts.

Unfortunately I'm not aware of a fix for your second issue.  :-(

HTH,
jason
Jason Sellers
ACT! Engineer 2000-2007

Re: Small frustration re Contact List display

Thanks so much for the reply, I appreciate how fast it came. Your suggestion for my first difficulty works just fine, thanks. Hopefully ACT can change the calendar in the future with some sort of update or download ... I'd think it would be a popular function, and much more intuitive than the current format. Thanks again!