Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Slow Ver 10 and lost tabs in Outlook 2003

Slow Ver 10 and lost tabs in Outlook 2003

I've finally upgraded from ACT Ver 6 to Ver 10 (I started with the DOS version) I've also upgraded from Office 2000 to 2003 - just to get Outlook 2003 (I tried Office 2007 - what a bloated dog that is!) but I'm still running Office 2000 on my notebook. I'm finding that ACT 10 is painfully slow compared to Act 6 - probably takes 4x as long to do anything (I'm running XP Pro on a P4 with 1.25GB RAM) So any tips on how to speed it up? the other problem is that the Act tabs in Outlook have disappeared and I can't work out how to get them back.

Re: Slow Ver 10 and lost tabs in Outlook 2003

I have Act! 2007 and have the same problem with disappearing tabs panel.  I just got the software and was looking at the Layout manager.  I changed the size of the tabs by pulling the control bar down and it was still showing when I clicked on Save.  I haven't seen it since.  I've read everything I can read about tabs and properties and this post is the first I've run across about the same problem.
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Slow Ver 10 and lost tabs in Outlook 2003

Your system seems ok - you shouldn't be having too many speed issues, act 10 will take longer to start but then it should be just as quick as act 6 once it is up and runinng, have a look in the processes tab and performace tab in task manager to see if anything else is going on on your machine.  When you say the tabs are missing in outlook (note that act 10 is not compatible with office 2000) you will need to reconfigure the act address book.  If you have done this click help -> about ms outlook and click the disabled items button, make sure nothing is listed in there.

Tom