Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Six-month customer reminders

Six-month customer reminders

My purpose in evaluting ACT is to find a way to do the following, I'm hoping it can be done in ACT

I need to remind customers to book another appointment within six months of their last appointment. For each customer, I have a calendar record with the date of their last appointment. How do I use this to remind them 4 times, namely at:-

1) 5 months

2) 6 months minus 10 days

3) 6 months minus 4 days

4) 6 months minus 1day

Many thanks,

Philip

Nickel Contributor

Re: Six-month customer reminders

You could create a date field that trigges an activity series with the specified time frame. While it wouldn't send the emails/letters automatically, it would remind the user to do so.
Nickel Elite Contributor

set up an "Activity Series".  This is where you specify a target date, and all other activities are based/scheduled off that date.  I worked with a service company that when a client scheduled something - let's say for Feb 10th, it automatically added 3 other activities - 2 days before the customer got a reminder call, 2 days after they received a followup call, and 6 months later another "check in" call.

Hope this helps...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

Thanks for that Default and rbrust. I'll have a play and see how it works out. Then I'll post the outcome.

Thanks again,

Philip