Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Single user license and syncronization to laptop

Single user license and syncronization to laptop

I have ACT 10.0 and have read the End User License Agreement.  If I undertand this correctly, my single license allows me to install the software on my laptop and a 2ndary desktop computer.

If that is correct, how do I get the software installed on the second computer?  I downloaded the product from the web site so I do not have a disk to insert to the 2ndary machine.

Assuming I can use ACT on the 2ndary machine - any tips on the easiest method for setting up the syncronization?  I have blury vision after reading the User Guilde chapter and scanning the Knowledge Base articles.  Does it really have to be this complicated?

In non-technical terms, my primary computer is my laptop.  When I come home at night I want to be able to syncronize the data with my home office computer via a wireless network.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd sincerely appreciate it.

Mike Mullin

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Single user license and syncronization to laptop

Go ahead and install ACT! to the second machine the same way you did to the first.  You should be able to copy the downloaded install files from one machine to the other. You can use the same serial# for both machines.  The information in the following Knowledgebase article should help you get started with remote synchronization:

How To Set Up Application Synchronization in ACT!

Synchronization will require that ACT! be open on both machines when syncing.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Single user license and syncronization to laptop

Thanks Greig!  Can you give me a hint as to what the download install file is called?  I don't recall where I saved it before I opened.

Mike