Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Single User: Accidentally changed to browse permission from admin! how to return or replace admin privileges?

Single User: Accidentally changed to browse permission from admin! how to return or replace admin privileges?

[ Edited ]

I have a single license Sage ACT 2011, on a laptop i inherited from the salesperson i replaced in a small business.

She was the admin but I accidentally changed her user to "browse" permission, Her username and password work, but now I can't make edits or "manage users" when using her login. Only one person allowed to be active at a time, so can't login to the database as another user (me) that I created that DOES have admin permission. What is the solution?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Single User: Accidentally changed to browse permission from admin! how to return or replace admin privileges?

Hello Bevincolivia,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Do you have a backup of the database created before you updated the users?  If yes, you can restore it and have the database in the original state.  Here are instructions on restoring a backup: KB Article 19211

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Single User: Accidentally changed to browse permission from admin! how to return or replace admin privileges?

How can I find out if a backup was performed? What are my options if there wasn't one done? I'm considering rebuilding it from scratch... Is there any way I can copy each record into a new database?
Platinum Super Contributor

Copying contacts into new database: Since you are only able to access the database with a 'browse' user, you won't have access to the export options (for importing into a new database).  Depending on how many contacts you are working with, you can access the Contact List view and add all of the desired fields to the columns (View > Customize Columns), use the "Print Current Screen" icon to print the list to paper, then manually enter the contacts into the new database.

To try and locate a backup, perform a search for '*.zip'.  The file name would be something like 'databasename.zip' (may have a date in the name).

If you are unable to locate a backup and have a large number of contacts to have to re-enter, our support team can assist with resetting the username/password.  Here is an article with instructions for contacting support: KB Article 14150.

Greg Martin
Sage