Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Single Customer, multile projects each with unique audit/costing reports.

Single Customer, multile projects each with unique audit/costing reports.

I'm currently using ACT  2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1 on Win 7.

Let me explain my business and hopefully someone can offer some assistance on the best way to use ACT for this.

My Business....~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

I'm a roofing estimator and have clients that have purchased more than one product from me at different times.

After each product is installed a detailed report comes back to me that we call a "costing", much like an audit for the job.

This information must be recorded and analyzed against the original estimate and contract for profit margin analysis.

Using ACT now...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Currently I'm easily able to handle all the estimates and converstion to jobs or signed contracts using the "Opportunities" feature in ACT.  This works fine until I have a repeat client.

For the costing info I have created a new "Tab"  using the Layout Designer and placed all the fields I need there. This works fine for most clients until they purchase a second time.

So I need to be able to associate detailed inforamtion to each opportunity, sometimes multiple times for a single customer.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Single Customer, multile projects each with unique audit/costing reports.

My suggestion would be to get a plug-in like TopLine Designer which would allow add a custom one to many table to the opportunities and use that instead of fields in the opportunity table. That would allow tracking multiple purchases with the same opportunity.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: Single Customer, multile projects each with unique audit/costing reports.

I have come up with a solution for this.

I've added a tab to my opportunity layout. On this tab are all the fields I need for the project/job costing or audits. This way for repeat clients each will have a unique opportunity with the correct costings.

To do this means I had to create all new fields for Opportunities and input all the old data from previous opportunities.What a drag ACT can't liink or duplicate fields into different layouts, WITHOUT a third party solution.