Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Siebel CRM vs ACT! - Am I missing something?

Siebel CRM vs ACT! - Am I missing something?

Hi,

Am I missing something or what?

I've used ACT! in it's various guises for over 10 years and I can't work wthout it! It's available 24/7 for all my customer information, notes, history, calendar etc. It's the first program I open on my laptop in the morning and I the last thing I shut down at night! if anyone wants to know whats going on with a particular customer, opportunity etc., it's all there!

As far as I'm concerned any "Sales database management" program, or "CRM" program has to be TOTALY INDISPENSIBLE for it to be of any real use.

So that takes me on to the, relatively newly, named CRM systems. Now the multi-national company that I work for has decided to go for Siebel on Demand. Pretty stupid decision as the field sales force, who are out of the office/home 80% of the time don't (officially) have any on line access! A bit like using a Letts paper diary and notebook for all your appointments and contact details, then when you go out into the field you leave it at home - pathetic. There is a "Siebel on Demand Offline" version available which is the most pathetic application I have ever seen; it is a cobbled together Excel spreadheet that can only handle a maximum of 400 contacts. Oh, of course you can synchronise with Outlook! problem is I don't know anyone who's got it to work!

Anyhow, assuming you do have online access, Siebel is bloody rubbish!! I am struggling to see how anyone can actually use it! You can't even quickly see a page of Notes & Histories in one glance.

If you enter a multi-day event it only appears once!

I've tries salesforce.com, maginally better, but still pretty worthless and miles behind ACT! Or am I missing something.

I actually signed up for a trial of Siebel, the poor sales guy from Ireland actually couldn't point to anything that Siebel could do that ACT! couldn't, he did accept that the Siebel Calander was crap, but the Oracle Software monkeys couldn't be arsed sorting it out.

So, bottom line; am I missing something here or what??

Best Regards,

Charles

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Siebel CRM vs ACT! - Am I missing something?

[ Edited ]

If you want a database with thousands of users and/or millions of contacts, Siebel is the way to go.

Its background in those big sites means it very top-heavy. Very good management reporting, but it's quite poor at the "coal face" - ie it's much less user friendly.

Message Edited by GLComputing on 07-10-2008 07:17 PM

Re: Siebel CRM vs ACT! - Am I missing something?

Hi,

Thought as much, perhaps a solution for a huge Call Centre but absolutely crap for anything less.

Regards,

Charles