Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Show filed list missing

Show filed list missing

I am currently running ACT 2008 and using Microsoft Word 2003 for my word processing. When I create a new template the Field List is not showing. When I review the User Guide it states to click on the "Show Field List" in ACT. I can not find that anywhere. Can anyone give me an idea as to where I can find this so that I can solve this issue.

Re: Show filed list missing

Hi purple Haze.  I'm having this same issue myself.  Amazing how unhelpful the help files can be in Act.  If it was as simple as clicking on the ACT Tab in Word we would probably not need the help item.  Anyhow this is not my fix.  I saw it in another post as I was looking for the solution to my problem today.  I haven't tried it yet because you need your Install CD's to perform the fix and I didn't have them at the office.  I plan on trying it tomorrow.  Here it is for you as well to give it a shot.  Good luck!

First close ACT! and Word/Outlook

Install these two files from the ACT! installation CD.  They are located in the Dependencies folder.

extensibilityMSM.msi
lockbackRegKey.msi

If you receive this message when installing, it means its already installed - "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation."

After doing so, you'll need to go into the registry (Start | Run | regedit) and go to the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\ACT7.OfficeAddIn

On the right pane, you see LoadBehavior.  Double click it and change the value data to 3

Re: Show filed list missing

Just an update from yesterday. Ran those two files today and it worked like a charm.  Didn't have to do the registry change (always good,  hate messing around in there) All is happy now!