Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Should I upgrade to ACT! 6 before 2009?

Should I upgrade to ACT! 6 before 2009?

Hello,

I am using ACT! 2000, but recently upgraded and converted my Database go ACT! 2009, including HotFix 4...This new setup is running on Windows 7.  My Issue:  It takes a long time and the computer seems to work real hard when I want to just schedule a call.  Any suggestions?  Should I have upgrading to ACT! 6 on my old computer and then done the conversion to 2009?  Thank you!!!

John

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Should I upgrade to ACT! 6 before 2009?

No. You could have configuration problems, weak hardware or an excess of uncleared activities. The conversion would not be your problem if it completed successfully.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks, Roy. I have strong hardware and I when I went into database maintenance to clear old activities, it said, "NO DATA". Perhaps I should clear those in 2000 and reconvert? How DO I clear those? I have activities going back nearly 20 years! Thanks again..
Platinum Elite Contributor

Try the remove old data in the Tools | Database Maintenance.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Darn...I tried it again. Still say's "No Old Data", although there is TONS....Perhaps I should try clearing on 2000 then reconverting? Thank you for your help.

Solved! It did not work for some reason in the Tools/Database Maintenance/Remove Old Data menu, but I just went into Activities Lookup (F7), looked up Past Activities and Deleted them. Now my scheduling is crisp and quick! I may end up liking my upgrade after all!! Thanks again for your assistance.