Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Should I Move to ACT?

Copper Contributor

Should I Move to ACT?

Hi.

I'm a long time Goldmine user/supporter.  Goldmine has changed to a point where it is no longer financially viable for small businesses to purchase or upgrade.  As an alternative, I'm looking at offering and supporting ACT!.

Is ACT as a product and SAGE as a comany going to offer me a useful product?  It needs to be comfortable for clients to use and supported relatively easily with access to high end technical support when I need it.  I need to make sure my clients are taking a step forward in there CRM software.

Regards

Shane 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Should I Move to ACT?

Most users who have tried both find ACT! much easier to use than Goldmine.

It's well worth getting a Certified Consultant to help you with the initial implementation.

Copper Super Contributor

ACT! Offers a tremendous amount of value and functionality out of the box. You must prepare your clients with up to date equipment, and be diligent with best practices for installation and maintenance. If you are consulting on the use of the product for managing various business processes an in depth understanding of how the product works is required. Training end users is one of the keys to successful projects. As for access to high end technical support, that is pretty limited and tedious to get to. As a CRM consultant I recommend ACT in 90% of my implementations for small business. 

Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA
Copper Contributor

Thanks for your replies Mike and Brad.

My main focus over the next few weeks is looking at how to get an ACT site running in the same way as a Goldmine site.  For example, auto filling fields based on the content of other fields, automated processes, document linking, document templates, reports, backups etc.  I'm aware that some of these features require third party add ons but still a very usefull exercise if I'm to move forward with ACT.

Thanks again for your interest.

Regards

Shane 

Shane,

For the auto field entry based on another field, try this http://www.exponenciel.com/actaddons/autofieldcalc2006.php

For automated processes... it depends what you want to automate

The other functions should be standard in ACT!

Copper Contributor

Thanks for that Mike.

For the automation, I was thinking along the lines of this.

One thing I do like in GM, is the ability to send correspondence to secondary contacts.  This gives the flexability of having company or person centric management.  I can live without that feature.

Cheers

Shane

Ok... you found SAM.

If you want to send emails to a person, you need to make them a full contact (not secondary). Then, by having them attached to the same company, you can see the history from all contacts at that company