09-18-2009 08:02 AM
When you share a database, all users access the same data. When you synchronize a database, users of the remote (subscriber) database, synchronize their data changes to the main database (publisher).
Before sharing a database, ensure the following:
- You are working in a network environment.
- You are a Windows administrator or have administrator rights on the computer where the database is located.
- You have an ACT! license for each computer.
- All computers have the same version of ACT! installed. To check the version: From the Help menu, select About ACT!. The version number appears at the top of the page.
- All users are given full read/write access to the Databases folder and Supplemental Files folder.
- You have added ACT! to the list of firewall exclusions. Refer to Windows Help for more information.