Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sharing one database with two separate computers

Tuned Listener

Sharing one database with two separate computers

I use ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0.   It is a database I use at work on a non-networked computer.  What are my options to use this database on my home laptop.  The change to SQL complicated how I once did it.  The business owner prefers that I shut down the computer each night (big time lightening strike 6 weeks ago).  Prior to the lightening strike, I used LogMeIn.  I have HandHeld Contact, but the activities feature do do filter my activities and sends 1400 activities (which in turn crash the HandHeld App).  Looking for simple options.  Thanks, Jack

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sharing one database with two separate computers

The synchronization panel allows you to schedule the syncs. I assume that you have your home computer set as the remote. If you leave your home computer on durring the day with a sync scheduled for late afternoon that should update your home computer and you can shut off your office computer.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

Thank you Roy.  Is there a link to directions so I have the settings correct on both computers?  This sync is accomplished via the internet, correct?

Thanks, Jack

Tuned Listener

I don't have the feature to use the Internet in my Synchronization Panel just a network.  It appears that ACT 2011 Pro does not offer that feature.  What other options are availale to sync my desktop and my home (remote) laptop?

Platinum Elite Contributor

I've set several syncs up with VPN through Hamachi. Check here.

http://tinyurl.com/5cbkr2

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129