Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sharing calendar online with non-Act user

Sharing calendar online with non-Act user

Is there any way to sync my Act calendar with a Google, Yahoo or other online calendar so non-Act users can see my schedule - either directly from Act or using an add-on program?

Re: Sharing calendar online with non-Act user

I am not aware of any addon what will syncing ACT! directly to any online calendar.  But if you have Outlook, you can sync ACT! to Outlook and then Outlook to Google Calendar.
Copper Elite Contributor

bcollier,

I haven't tried the product personally but it looks like Companionlink has a "Companionlink for Google" product on their 

site at www.companionlink.com that you might want to take a look at.

Thanks.

Copper Contributor

CompanionLink for Google will sync ACT! with your Google account.
Copper Contributor

I sync my Act Database with my Blackberry using Companion Link.  I put all of my family's personal events on Google.  I want to figure a way to get my info on my BB.  I have added gooogle as my internet calendar on Outlook but that creates a seperate calendar within Outlook.   It appears Act only syncs the one calendar not both even if you lay one over the other, in effect visually merging the two.

I really want my family be able to use google for all of our personal info.  I want Act for all of my business activities.  I want to be able to see both on my handheld.

Might be impossible.

Dave

Copper Contributor

Dedington,

Normally, when synching multiple data sources with your device (ACT! and Google for example), CompanionLink uses the device's categories to keep data from each source separate from the other. This prevents your data from being merged in both data sources when you have two-way sync enabled.

Unfortunately, BlackBerry doesn't support calendar categories yet, so you won't be able to setup a two-way sync with both ACT! and Google, without subsequently merging all your data.

Your best bet is to install CompanionLink Pro, then setup two profiles; one profile to sync your ACT! calendar one-way, from ACT! to your BlackBerry, and one profile to sync your Google calendar one-way, from Google to your BlackBerry.

This will allow you to see data from both calendars on your device without merging the calendars in ACT! and in Google. Obviously, the drawback with this scenario is that you won't be able to sync calendar items that originate on the device, since you'll only be setup for one-way synchronization.

Copper Contributor

Is there any way to have Act sync with a different Outlook calendar rather than the default one?  When you load google internet calender it creates a seperate calendar.  You can overlay them to view but here is one calendar  (named calendar) and one calendar named basic (Google).
Nickel Elite Contributor

Dedington -

Not sure if this will help, but I thought I'd share what I do in hopes that it will help you.

1st - I have three Google accounts

- one for my consulting business

- one personal (my wife updates)

- one for another business we own

2nd - I also enter items into ACT! calender, which "syncs" with Outlook

3rd - Outlook also syncs with my consulting calendar

** Note: so, basically, ACT!, Outlook, and one Google acct are essentially the same calendar

Now, within Google accounts/calendars, you can share calendars with other Google users.  Our calendars are all shared with each other, so essentially whichever calendar you are viewing, you see every item.

It might sound confusing, but it's really just a matter of setting this up.  Once set up, it is maintenance-free.  Each users maintains their own account/calendar, and the other users just see all the other entries.

Not sure if this is actually your question, or if it helps, but I hope so...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com