Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sharing a Database

Sharing a Database

Can someone please help me I need to share a Database with my manager we have both been updating the database and now want to share it, we have a 3 user licence but only 2 of us are using it but on different PC's, I have tried backing up database and adding it to our server but I cant get it to work?? What am I doing wrong? Thanks Tracey
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Sharing a Database

Tracey -

Perhaps you can provide us with some more information - one important piece:  What version of Act! are you working with?

When you say you have tried adding your database back up to your server, what exactly are you doing?  Act! needs to be installed on the server

Here is a link to the support knowledge base article about sharing a database on a network:  http://tinyurl.com/y8mwb2g

Hope that sheds some light.

Hi, I am using Act 2010, I have installed this on my PC and my manager also has this installed on his laptop, he wants the 2 database to be integrated or synchronized, basically so we do not duplicate the info, I guess the easiest solution would be to copy Act to our M drive where we can both access it and update it, tell me if  I'm wrong and if this won't work? Thanks Tracey
Platinum Elite Contributor

It depends. You would need to install the ACT! program on the computer where the database is to be located. If the M drive is a data store only, then no that won't work.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129