Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sharing Templates between users

Sharing Templates between users

I have ACT setup over a network. Someone created some custom templates (.adt) that I want other users to be able to access as well, what folder do they need to go in in order to be accessable by all?

I have a folder on the network drive that contains folders:

Attached Email

BrfCase

Database

Document

Drafts

Email

Layout

Macro

Mail

NetLinks

Outbox

Query

Spell

Sync

Template

Inside the "Template" folder are some other .adt files, would this be the correct location to put these new custom templates so that all users could access them. Or I seem to have read about some folders in "My Documents" for each user that would contain the templates? Any help would be appreciated

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sharing Templates between users

With ACT! 6 and before, the default templates folder was on the local system. To do what you want you would need to have a folder for the templates on the server and have each workstation change their default ACT! folder setting for templates to the folder on the server.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Forgot to state that we have ACT 2008 Premium (10 I believe?). So in this version is the template folder shared between all users?

Platinum Elite Contributor

The folder set you listed was an ACT! 6 folder set. The templates folder is located in the database supplemental files and is automatically shared by all users.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129