Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sharing ACT 2010 database

Sharing ACT 2010 database

We have 4 people who currently share a single database using ACT 2006.  This database is located on a network drive.

We now need to convert these users to ACT 2010, which is the version that is compatible with Windows 7.  However, ACT 2010 does not allow these users to share that database in the same way.

I believe you can share ACT 2010 databases, but I don't know how.  What do I need to do in order to share an existing ACT 2010 database that is located on a LAN among 4 people?  Can someone provide documentation on how to do this?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sharing ACT 2010 database

Copper Elite Contributor

I think the on-line documentation provides a pretty good overview of that.  Select Help Topics and Search for "sharing" and you should see a section entitled "Sharing Databases".

Mark Rogers
Act! v16 HF5, Office 365 SBP

I am not an ACT user, so I don't have access to the applicaiton.  I am assisting the users who want to share ACT on a network drive.  Is the on-line documentation available for download so I can review it?

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Jhaertle,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Here is an article with instructions for sharing an ACT! database: KB Article 13878

Greg Martin
Sage
Platinum Elite Contributor

If you meant ACT! 6.0 above (not ACT! 2006), then the biggest change is that ACT! and SQL needs to be installed on the database server itself.