Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sharing ACT 2006

Sharing ACT 2006

I share ACT 2006 between 2 users. User 2's profile will not be maintained. Every time they log in there color and font,etc schemes are different. Does anyone know how to fix this situation so that their profile remains the same whenever they log in?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sharing ACT 2006

Mike,

Yes we share the same database and layout scheme. The only things that are stored localy on the other computer are some shortcuts to templates and their associated icons. What are your thoughts?

You're saying it keep changing every login on one PC or two users see different colours/fonts?

Mike,

I run the server with the database. My preferances never change. Works great. On the other computer, we can set the color and font selections, and then the next time they log in, averything has changed on that computer. Mine is still fine.

Mike,

The other person just has different color and font size preferences than mine. I think that is the only things that are changing on the other machine.

You mean like in Edit | Preferences | Colours and Fonts?

How are they changing?

The preferences seem to go back to the program defaults. Smaller fonts, no custom colors etc...

Is it only those Preferences, or do all the Preference changes revert to the default?