Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Shared database

Shared database

I am not sure why i constistently get these kinds of errors, the database files were shared from this computer but i moved all of the files to a shared driver on our server and have all of the clients pointing to that database file but still get these errors randomly.

IMG_4136.jpg

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Shared database

Hi JMeyrick,

If you have moved the files to a different computer, then you will need to update the main database location in Tools>Syncronisation Panel> Manage Main Database Location for any Remote Databases (this should just be the new computer name)

If they are live users, then you probably will just need to open the database manually once so that it can open again normally in the future, by clicking Open/share database, then navigate to the new location of the database, select the .PAD file and click open.

hope this helps,

Jared Dalrymple | Technical Consultant | P:+61 7 3423 3551
jared@evolutionmarketing.com.au | Evolution Marketing Services

Re: Shared database

This seems to keep happening and not sure why even when i am going to the location where the shared .pad file is i am still getting this error it was working for a while then all of a sudden reverts back to doing the same thing. At a lose on what i can do to resolve this now.