Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Severe Slow Down when Accessing Task List or Scheduling an Activity

Severe Slow Down when Accessing Task List or Scheduling an Activity

We're a sales office of 3 people using ACT Pro 2011 v 13.1.111.0; shared database on a machine running Windows XP (I know!)  ACT has a tendency to "think" a lot, being that sometimes it take more than a few seconds to respond, but it can take as long as 30 seconds to access the Task List and often times locks up complete (to the point of needing to be restarted) when Scheduling an Activity.  Any insights into what's causing this will be helpful.

Thanks,

Suzanne

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Severe Slow Down when Accessing Task List or Scheduling an Activity

How much RAM do you have on the XP box with the database? XP did have an option to use 3-gig of RAM when operating as the server. I suspect that the server is needing to do significant use of virtual memory (hard drive) to perform tasks such as assembling the task list. Basically it's not the ACT! program but the SQL server that's taking the time.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Suzanne,

i assume all users are in a lokal network? (no vpn envolved?) if you have a local network delay this can exactly cause this kind of delays.

other than that, created a KB entry that shows most reasons for a delay while accessing the ACT database

regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040

Thanks, Roy. This is helpful information. Will look at all of this a little closer today. Thanks for your reply!

This is very helpful, Ingo. I printed out your KB entry and will go through it with our IT guy today. Thank you so much for your quick reply.