Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Setting up server settings to email with Sage Act 2012 through my Gmail account

Setting up server settings to email with Sage Act 2012 through my Gmail account

I'm having major problems syncing my Gmail account with Act, so that I can utilize Act's email features.  I've followed all the directions from Gmail, on the POP3 and IMAP settings to enter, but I'm still unable to get the programs to sync.  What am I missing here?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Setting up server settings to email with Sage Act 2012 through my Gmail account

Re: Setting up server settings to email with Sage Act 2012 through my Gmail account

According to Act, I should be able to link up with my Gmail account, so when I go to email a contact through Act, it opens up my Gmail account, to send the email.  I put in the information I'm supposed to, but when I go to "test" the connection, I get no internet access. 

Funny, because it says it can.

It can sync contacts and activities (although I find it has issues with both) ... it can record histories from emails sent in Gmail.

But, the mail client doesn't connect to Gmail

I don't get why they did the other parts of Gmail support before adding the ability the change ports and use SSL in the ACT! mail client