Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Setting up Email client in ACT 2010

Setting up Email client in ACT 2010

I have read the posts on the forum related to setting up an internet email account and I am having the same issue. I am not u sing outlook and would like to use ACT as my email client. I can recieve messages but cannot send. I have tripple checked my spelling to make sure I have all the right info and no joy. I have deleted the account and started again and still the same thing. 

I have to do this for 5 stations and numerous email accounts, any suggestions would be helpful

Bronze Contributor

Re: Setting up Email client in ACT 2010

[ Edited ]

Who hosts your e-mail?  It could be your Internet Provider, it could be your hosting provider who hosts your company web site, it could be a Cloud E-mail hosting service, like Google.  Knowing that, we can learn whether they support the old email port settings that ACT! still requires, like Ports 110 & 25, or whether they require SSL, or maybe they're IMAP only - all of these are deal-killers with ACT!s internet email client, which, while I'm not going to say it's old, I did hear the source code was written with a quill on parchment paper.

Signature
Bronze Super Contributor

Kevin, 'dog years' and 'internet years' are roughly the same, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aging_in_dogs#Aging_profile for more.

Therefore what was new 7 years ago in our years is actually equivilent to 49 years ago, which what that may be younger than many reading this, it isn't what one would call 'young' or 'recent'.

Smiley Happy

Bronze Super Contributor