Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Setting default alarms

Setting default alarms

When a new opportunity is entered I would like an alarm to be set as a default 24hrs later and 28 days later. Is there a way to do this without having to set it up manually each time? 

Administrator

Re: Setting default alarms

Hi Adam,

Yes this is possible. There are a couple ways you could achieve this.

The first would be by using the Activity Series feature. This allows you to create a sequence of related activities, scheduled at set intervals.

Have a look over the following Knowledgebase article for more detailed info on how to create an Activity Series template: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13419

After the Activity Series template has been created, you can quickly schedule your multiple activities by scheduling the Activity Series while viewing the Opportunity. This will then create the activities and schedule them with the contact in the opportunity. If you want to also associate the activities with the particular opportunity, then this must be done manually by editing the activities after they have been created.

Another method of scheduling multiple activities for an Opportunity would be by using Smart Tasks. With this feature, you could build a task to add any number of activities with a customisable delay between them. You would also configure these to be created automatically once a new Opportunity is created by choosing to trigger when conditions are met, for example when an opportunity field is updated, but only allowing the Smart Task to run once for the whole record.

More info on Smart Tasks can be found here: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26944

Highlighted

Re: Setting default alarms

Thanks I will give this a try. At a glance it seem that the alert does not give the quote ref so I don't know which opportunity I am following but I will keep trying different things.