Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Setting Appointments etc across Different Timezones

Copper Contributor

Setting Appointments etc across Different Timezones

I'll be travelling with two or three stopovers across 11 hours of different time zones. What is the best way to enter the appointments (including flight departure times) in Act 2010 so they make sense both before I start the trip and during.

Ideally the solution would be such that when I sync Act to my blackberry, the appointment times also make sense there as well.

Nickel Contributor

Re: Setting Appointments etc across Different Timezones

Enter the times in one timezone, ACT uses UTC/GMT time. So if you then sync to your blackberry and change timezones the time will correct itself in your blackberry.
Travis Rosevear ACC for
Act Today Australia and New Zealand
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Setting Appointments etc across Different Timezones

All times are set with the TZ or your local Windows system... so either create the activities with the time you're in now or change the Windows TZ before eash activity. I use Handheld Contact to sync to my Blackberry and, when it's TZ changes, so do all the activity times.

I too would like them to add the ability to set the TZ to be different from your local Windows system for a specific activity - not only for travelling, but also for scheduling calls with contacts in other TZs

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here -
http://community.act.com/t5/SHARE-YOUR-IDEAS/idb-p/ideas

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on. It also allows other users to vote on these so Sage can get an idea of the demand

This article might help word the request to make it easier for management to look at it:
http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2011/01/how-are-product-management-decisions.html