Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Setting Alarms

Setting Alarms

I am trying to set alarms to remind me to follow up with contacts on future dates.  Many times I will cold call a contact and then set an alarm to call them again in two weeks or so.  The problem I have is that I think the alarm shows up for only one day, and if I don't happen to be making calls that day the alarm disappears and I miss the alert. 

To correct this I tried selecting the recurrence option and set it at daily.  This just filled the alarm box with the same alarms, every day. 

What I would like to do is set and alarm and have it put up the alert and stay there until I make the call or erase it. 

I had an earlier version of act and never had an issue.  I am currently using Act 2007. 

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Setting Alarms

You can have activities automatically rollover to the next day so that you don't miss activities that are scheduled for one day.

Go to Tools/Preferences/Calendar & Scheduling/Scheduling Preferences and check off "Automatically roll over to today".  This will carry any uncleared activities over from the previous day to the current day.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank you for your response.  I tried this and it overloaded the system with alarms, almost 2,500 of them and bogged down the system so I had to erase them all to be able to use Act again.  I only had a few current alarms set so I'm not sure why so many came up.  When I looked through old contact I have not used or even looked at in over a year they now have contact alarms set for today.  I'm not sure what to do next. 

did you get a response to your query?  I imported a database from Outlook and it loaded over 1000 alarms, including birthdays dating back to 1921.  Needless to say, it freezes everything.  I would like current alarms to roll forward but can't figure out a way to erase the nonsensical ones.  Any ideas? 
Nickel Elite Contributor

Greetings,

I am just throwin this out there. It may work for you ? may not?

You can create new field called Next Contact Date and apply it to your Layout. 

Then you can right mouse click on that field and search/lookup on a specific date as to when that person should be contacted next.

Good way to create/manage your daily call list.

Every time I speak with my contacts, I update a field called; Last Contacted Date and Next Contact Date.

This can help you minimize the need to use your Scheduler. The more you use the ACT! Scheduler, the more you have to MANAGE it.

Cheers - FSB

Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html