Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Service Patch 1

Accepted Solution Solved
Bronze Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

Service Patch 1

UK ACT 2010 Standard

An IT consultant has applied SP1 to one of my client sites and this has knocked out the Sage Line 50 link. I have tried recovering the link but all efforts have failed.

When I looked at the downloads for ACT 2010 I see that the SP1 patch has been removed without explanation.

Was it SP1 that caused the problem? What is going on?  Are Sage bringing out a fix? Why was SP1 withdrawn?

Any help gratefully received.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ch1p
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Service Patch 1

Just an update.

It was  Service Patch 1 that caused the issue.

Uninstalling ACT and then installing ACT 2010 plus the Hotfix 4 and then the ACT Sage link - 12 times on all the clients computers.

Who is going to pay for the day I had to spend sorting out the SAGE blunder?

Why was this patch not tested against Sage Link? It after all a SAGE product!

I would like to thank those who have emailed information regarding the SP 1 debacle but a public apology on this site by a SAGE member of staff and acceptance that there has been a very large mistake made would go some way in making me think that SAGE take this issue seriously.

Now I have got that of my chest I feel a lot better.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author ch1p
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Just an update.

It was  Service Patch 1 that caused the issue.

Uninstalling ACT and then installing ACT 2010 plus the Hotfix 4 and then the ACT Sage link - 12 times on all the clients computers.

Who is going to pay for the day I had to spend sorting out the SAGE blunder?

Why was this patch not tested against Sage Link? It after all a SAGE product!

I would like to thank those who have emailed information regarding the SP 1 debacle but a public apology on this site by a SAGE member of staff and acceptance that there has been a very large mistake made would go some way in making me think that SAGE take this issue seriously.

Now I have got that of my chest I feel a lot better.

Have a nice day.

Copper Contributor

I'm sorry to hear you have experienced issues with the ACT! Link for Sage 50 Accounts after applying ACT! 2010 SP1.

In our internal testing we encountered no problems with the accounting link when running SP1.

Are you able to describe the problems you encountered in any more detail? 

Simon Hales
Sr. Commercial Marketing Manager
Swiftpage
Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Simon and thanks for your interest.

The client had ACT 2010 with Hot Fix 4 plus a link to SAGE Line 50 Accounts. The link was working.

After the UK ACT SP1 had been applied the link disappeared. The .dil files were still in the plugin folder but there was no sign of the link in ACT.

All machines are XP with SP3

Tried all the normal fault finding for Sage link and finally uninstalled ACT and reinstalled without SP1 when it all worked again.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Did you try running LogViewer after closing ACT!? This would show if any of the plugins failed to start or had an error.

See this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1472...