Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Server licensing

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Server licensing

I'm running Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0 (Hot Fix 1). I have 3 licenses and the license agreement allows for 1 additional installation if you have a server so we have it installed on 4 computers.

Last year when I installed the software on 4 computers with 3 licenses I kept getting an error message when logging in warning me that I did not have enough licenses for the number of installations on my database. I couldn't figure out how to make the system recognize that I actually was complying with the license agreement. I ended up having to call technical support, they did a remote login and tweaked some setting which resolved the issue.

I'm replacing one of those 4 computers tomorrow. Is there something I can do to make the database recognize I'm in compliance with the license agreement without having to call technical support or customer service?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author steed1
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Server licensing

The three activations per license are automatic. Should you require more you would need to call for a manual activation but would typically be allowed.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies

Each license allows three activations so if you have three licenses you would have a total of nine activations. If you have three separate serial numbers and you used the same serial number for each installation then you would have used all the activations for that serial number. When you upgrade if you get a single serial number coded for all three licenses then you shouldn't have any problems.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

I bought one license from a retail store with its own serial number. I then bought the other two licenses in a package directly from Sage and downloaded it. For the two I downloaded there was just one serial number.

So I still have 9 activations?

You're saying that if I have to move software around too many times I have to buy more licenses?

Solution
Accepted by topic author steed1
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

The three activations per license are automatic. Should you require more you would need to call for a manual activation but would typically be allowed.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Silver Contributor

If you are getting a message about not enough licenses, it is because you have too many active users in your database, not because you have installed it too many times.
Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider