Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Server catastrohpe and trying to restore

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Server catastrohpe and trying to restore

The server we had ACT on recently got fried. Luckily our IT guy managed to recover the files we were working with on the server. However, everytime we try to access the files now, everything is empty and nothing seems to work right. We keep getting errors on "file located on a different computer". The IT guy setup a temporary network drive only to find out later that ACT 10.0 doesn't support installation on a network drive. Is there any way to get this to work?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jamdison
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

All Replies

Re: Server catastrohpe and trying to restore

You posted this in the ACT! 6.0 and earlier area...

But, to answer your question, the database with ACT! 10 is SQL and you must have ACT! installed on the same system as the database.

[ Edited ]
Ah sorry, I had the receptionist ask this question for me. I installed ACT on the computer with the database and now it's giving me an error about "Database cannot be accessed. Please check the network...". The way we have it setup now is that there's an external HDD that we are using as a temporary shared drive, and I have it connected to the computer with ACT installed on it. Due to the automatic installation of the ACT software, it won't let me directly install it to the external HDD. I was wondering if this is why it's not working properly? Sorry for the ignorance, this is the first time i've dealt with ACT.
Message Edited by jamdison on 09-18-2009 09:42 AM
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jamdison
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Thanks, I had to go in and edit the file location inside the database file and it worked fine after that.