Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Serious Error Message

Serious Error Message

My pc was running without issue and had been off for the entirety of the holiday weekend. I returned yesterday and received the following error message immediately upon signing onto Windows during the startup process (occurs each time someone logs onto the pc and also when attempting to open ACT manually):

Resolution of the dependency failed, type = “Act.UI.ActApplication”, name = “”. Exception message is: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Act.UI.ActApplication, null]) failed: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Attempting to deserialize an empty stream. at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.BinaryFormatter.Deseralize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean at Act.UI.Core.CustomCommandHelper.Deseralize(String filename) (Strategy type BuildPlanStrategy, index 3)

I am then prompted to report the error and am unable to open ACT (I'm running Pro 2011). The other users are having some initial difficulty opening the database, but no one else is getting this error.

Any suggestions would be extremely appreciated.

Platinum Elite Contributor