Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sent emails attaching to incorrect contacts

Sent emails attaching to incorrect contacts

[ Edited ]

Good afternoon,

I have Outlook 2007 configured to automatically attach emails sent through Act. I am the only user of this Act database.

The sent emails corrcetly attach to my contact record (I am the sender) -  AND to other contacts not associated with the email, or the email's recipient contact record. I cannot see any pattern as to which additional contact(s) are included - except they seem to be a small subgroup of all my contacts.

This is creating spurious history entries thorughout my contact histories. Something is not right, obviously. I have deleted the rule for attaching and recreated it, but the same issue is there.

Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround? Or can anyone in the community offer any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2

Win7 Pro 64-bit

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Sent emails attaching to incorrect contacts

Try temporarily setting duplicate checking in ACT! (Tools | Preferences | Admin tab) to duplicate check based on email field(s) and see if you have many duplicate email addresses. 

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Re: Sent emails attaching to incorrect contacts

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the quick response. I think I found the root cause.  I have a custom field "alternate email" on each contact. So far I've located two contacts that had my own email address in that "alternate email" field. I went to those records and found emails either sent by me or received from me in their histories. I'll be watching the attachment process going forward. 

Thanks again for your response.