Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sending to BCC via ACT - Outlook

Accepted Solution Solved
Bronze Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

Sending to BCC via ACT - Outlook

My client wants to highlight a number of  records in the list view, Click Write Email Message, edit the message and send - But wants the email addresses  in BCC but ACT puts them in the To area.

I can see no way in ACT of getting it to populate the bcc field automatically but as it is a criminal office in many countries to share email addresses I would have thought there must be something I am missing.

I know we can create template and send separate emails via mail merge but the client finds this very time consuming given the number of mail outs and the fact they are mostly add-hoc.

Any one know of a work round or add-on?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ch1p
‎04-29-2016 01:44 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Sending to BCC via ACT - Outlook

Hi Gary

An update and some information others may find useful. I am sorry to say that the add-in for Outlook you gave me the link to did not fit the need but more importantly I had to strip it out again by removing the registry entries so would not recommend it as a product.

The good news is I found another Outlook add-in Called Send Personally which takes all the items in the To field and sends individual emails to each person so no one sees others emails.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Hi ch1p,

Write email message (from template) would be the best option for this scenario, where individual emails are sent through mail merge.

Alternatively, a quick cut and paste from the To: field to the Bcc: field in Outlook might be a quicker method.
Bronze Elite Contributor

Thanks Gary

Have demonstrated both these options to client but they don't like either way. Cut and paste is nearest but hoped there might be an add-on out there that I did not know about.

Administrator

[ Edited ]

There might be, but I don't know of one either I'm afraid.

This Outlook add-in might be able to work for them under certain conditions: https://www.ablebits.com/outlook-blind-carbon-copy-bcc-email-addins

Bronze Elite Contributor

Thanks for this - will give it a try on my demo machine and report back on outcome.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Feedback on Outlook addon

This is mainly designed to automatically add a BCC copy of emails to single person or selected people and you can build in some rules but does not solve the problem that I am trying to resolve.

Just a couple of other comments -

Slowed down Outlook to a snails pace and this maybe a clash between the products add-ons and ACTs in Outlook.

Currently not able to uninstall the program using windows 7 uninstaller. 

Solution
Accepted by topic author ch1p
‎04-29-2016 01:44 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Gary

An update and some information others may find useful. I am sorry to say that the add-in for Outlook you gave me the link to did not fit the need but more importantly I had to strip it out again by removing the registry entries so would not recommend it as a product.

The good news is I found another Outlook add-in Called Send Personally which takes all the items in the To field and sends individual emails to each person so no one sees others emails.

Administrator

Thanks for letting us know about this add-in. I had tried to find something that did this previously but wasn't able to find anything. Nice work!