Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sending multiple emails with ACT!

Sending multiple emails with ACT!

I have a client who is an ACT! user and he uses ACT! to send large numbers of emails to his clients. Let's say he is sending a email to 500 clients. Do all of those emails go out all at once, or do they go out one at a time. I'm asking because he may need to change his email address and I'm concerned that if the emails go out all at once that his email provider will see that as spam. I've already confirmed with the provider that more than 99 emails sent at one time will be seen as spam. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sending multiple emails with ACT!

Have him sign up for Swiftpage Email. It's very inexpensive and there isn't any risk of spam problems because the emails are sent from their server.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks for the reply Roy. I believe he has already looked into Swiftpage and he wasn't interested in it. Do you know how ACT! sends the emails? One at a time or all at once. I believe he setup his ACT! for Internet email and not the Outlook integration. Thanks!
Platinum Elite Contributor

Sending 500 emails as a mail merge would likely deplete the system resources and it would stop part way through. Each email is sent separately but once the send is started, it would go to completion. By the way, changing the sending email address wouldn't help because the ISP would be looking at the sending IP address, not the email address. I'll be very blunt, he's asking for trouble.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

He's currently sending 500 or more emails at a time on his cfl.rr.com email account without any problems. For compliance reasons he will need to start using another email address that is compliant with our third part vendor we use for compliance. That is were we may run into a problem. I confirmed with them that more than 99 email sent at one time would be seen as spam and blocked. My client thinks that ACT! sends the emails one at a time instead of a blast email. I'm not sure it that's how ACT! works and that's why I came here to try and find out difinitively how ACT! sends a large number of emails.