Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sending emails to multiple contacts from within opportunity

Sending emails to multiple contacts from within opportunity

As my work is project based I may have up to 20 contacts against a single opportunity.  I would like to be able to send an email to several of these contacts at the same time.  Does anyone know if this is possible / how to do it ?
Bronze Contributor

Re: Sending emails to multiple contacts from within opportunity

Unless I'm missing something in your question, just set up a group for each project, then send the eMail to that group.  It will show up in thi history of the members of the group.  In the opportunity view, you might want to create a history entry that you send an eMail to the group. 

It would be nice if one is in the opportunity view and wants to send an eMail to a group or an individual to have it show up in both the history of the group members and in the history of the opportunity.

Let's both put this a a requested feature located at http://www.act.com/community/feature/

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013

Thanks for the advice.  I think I've probably be looking at using ACT in the wrong way.  I thought you would raise an opportunity to act as a project then building up the members against it.  If I understand it correctly you should raise a 'group' then attached the opportunity to that.

I have been using another CRM package that deals with things in another way and it takes a while to get used to the changes.  

Bronze Contributor

I think it is important to remember that ACT was originally as a contact manager, and for the most part it is a flat file.  Opportunities were improved with 2010, but you are right.  You start an opportunity from a number of different ways, and you assign the existing people or groups to be on the opportunity.

Once caution, though.  (or at least this is a problem forme).

When you add people to the opportunity, the company associated with the opportunity seems to change -- but not always.  I've asked about it on the forum and no one seems to have that problem.  So, if it doesn't happen to you, that's great, just be careful.

BTW, I've added about 50 other fields to opportunities for my specific purposes. 

Next, remember that once you have a number of opportunities, you can click on the list view and export to Excel.  That can be very handy especially when working with folks who are not using using ACT.  I am a rogue user of ACT within my company which also uses Microsoft Dynamics CRM, but I keep up with opportunities in ACT first, then export to Excel for my manager, and then ultimately make sure it is also loaded into the Dynamics CRM opportunities section.

Hope these random thoughts helped, and good luck using ACT.  It is great for a single user or a small company.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013

Its interesting that your company use Microsoft Dynamics CRM as this was one of the other packages that I was thinking of.  My previous experience is with a product called SuperOffice it too is a 'true' CRM package and is very much orientated around projects.  I did also look at Sage CRM but all of these packages sell for around £500 per licence which is far more that ACT 2010 at circa £120.

I've now read around the subject in more detail and it appear that the 'group' feature is the way to go.

I think the reason I overlooked it is because SuperOffice splits 'projects' and 'selections' whereas ACT groups them together as 'groups'.  A big benefit that you do have with ACT is the ability to create sub groups.  Which will enable me to to break projects into sub projects which could be useful for the different disciplines of the project.

Anyway happy days and thanks for the help.