Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sending activities e-mail invitation does not work

Tuned Listener

Sending activities e-mail invitation does not work

This is the error message that we are getting :

ACT cannot send an invitation because the contact does not have a valid email address or is my record

The link between ACT! and Outlook is setup properly, emails are being recorded in history and so forth.  The contact is not My Record either, so what might be the cause of this?

Thanks in advance

P.S. if it does happen to work eventually, can we EDIT the invitation email somewhere?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Sending activities e-mail invitation does not work

Is the contact you are attempting to send the invitation to also a User in the database?  If they are a user in the database, it will not send the invitation.
Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

Yes, since the contact we are attempting to invite is an employee and is asked to attend the event along with other contacts

Why is it like this ? co-workers cannot invite each other to events ?

I fail to see how this is supose to make sense, maybe i'm missing something ?

Thanks

The thinking behind this is that when you create the activity and attach the 'users' to that activity - it will automatically prompt them with an invitation through the Act! calendar and won't need to be sent an email.
Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

That makes sense

The thing is, we are trying to schedule our president for something, and we tried to send him a joint outlook/act invite, since he doesnt have ACT running at all time, and we can't do it since he's a user

Shouldn't there be an option to allow it ? or is there a way around it ?

Thanks again

Unfortunately we don't have an option to get around that.  The only work-around would be to create another contact record (non User record) for him and use it to create/schedule the activity.  But of course that would separate his history into the 2 different records (things he does as a User and items sent to him as a contact).
Greg Martin
Sage