Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sending Group Email

Sending Group Email

I have Act 2008 and just recently have been unable to send out group emails. Individual emails and even small group emails work fine but my large group email is just sitting in the outbox and will not send. It worked fine up until last week. Anyone have some advice on what the problem could be? Thanks, Mike
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Sending Group Email

This may be caused by your E-mail ISP having a limit on the number of E-mails you can send. This is fairly common to limit spam. Some limit by the number sent at one time or the total number sent during the day.

Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

Went through the problem with my server who was very helpful and helped me for an hour. They said nothing has changed with them and it should work. They recommended I check with ACT. They want $300 to help me get emails out. Can't understand why they don't have the most basic help for simple problems. The problems are with ACT. I'm beginning to understand the frustrations that fill the pages of this forum. We are a small non-profit that uses the program to send emails to our students (400). Can anyone recommend a program that can help us do this. I can't afford to pay ACT $300 a year to support their product. Very frustrating! 
Platinum Elite Contributor

Outlook is really bad at mass email. It runs out of resources to easily. If the emails are getting to Outlook's Outbox, it's no-longer under the control of ACT!

You should look at MergeMaster! or SwiftPage to do this.

What I don't get is it worked for the last 6 months with no problems and I have not changed anything. I use Internet mail through Vista not Outlook. Nothing negates the fact that ACT won't give me any service for the most basic problems with their product. I first purchased ACT 2007 but it had issues with Vista which shows that ACT does have internal problems. I returned 2007 and bought 2008 which worked until recently. If ACT, who couldn't fix my last problem, spent five minutes with me and came back with the excuse you have given me I would be content. Though I appreciate the time you took to respond to this forum I don't think there is any way that you or ACT can tell me what my problem is without looking at it. That is my real problem, no support for a product that still has issues.

Many products (even Microsoft's own) required upgrades to run under Vista

But my guess is that the datafile's sent items might have got big enough and together with other items that you might have loaded in the system over time means that  the email app is running out of resources.

ACT!'s email (like Outlook) is originally designed for business communications, which is why the tow products I posted before are the way to go for mass emails.

They also report back on who didn't get the emails, and support OptOut with reports back to you

Hi Mike, I will take a look at them. Please forgive my frustrations. Your are a scholar and a gentleman and I appreciate your advice. Thanks, Mike