Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sending Emails Very Very Slow - MS Outlook 2007

Copper Contributor

Sending Emails Very Very Slow - MS Outlook 2007

Recently I migrated from MS Outlook 2003 to 2007.  Unfortunately today when I performed my first Email Merge to send emails in batches of 100 I discovered the Outlook 2007 send process now takes about 20 minutes (was almost instantaneous in Outlook 2003).  Can anyone help?  I live and die by email marketing and this problem is killing me!  I am using ACT! 2009.  Thank you!
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sending Emails Very Very Slow - MS Outlook 2007

Did you install ACT! 2009 before or after you upgraded to Outlook 2007? If before, then you should uninstall and reinstall ACT!.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Greig, thanks for your input, although not exactly the answer for which I hoped.  Yes, I reinstalled ACT! 2009 AFTER I upgraded and installed Outlook 2007 and MS Office 2007 when I had to reformat my hard drive due to a virus.  I do not relish reinstalling ACT! 2009 again as you suggested in your reply.  Perhaps this is really fortuitous as I was planning to upgrade to ACT! 2010 over the weekend.  If I upgrade would this solve the slow e-mail sending /processing problem?  Or does one have to install ACT! 2010 before Outlook 2007?
Copper Elite Contributor

Use SwiftPage, as a ACC they will give you an account for free.  it would cost the client $15/mo to send out small mailings.  How much is your frustration worth?
Copper Contributor

Greig, I misread your reply.  I installed ACT! 2009 AFTER Outlook 2007, not before.  Any ideas?